ObjectiveI want to create new digital 3D worlds to simulate the real world when necessary and to improve on it when possible.
SummaryA 44-year-old-generalist capable of drawing on a wide range of talents, interests and knowledge to find answers and effectively communicate those to others. Fifteen years experience as a high school teacher of science and mathematics, 27 years of computer experience and 12 years of Macintosh experience.
- M.S. Eastern Michigan University, General Science (Physics) April 83
- B.S. University of Michigan, Biological Oceanography (Engineering), May 75
- MediaCity, Palo Alto, CA. 3/95-present. Vice President of Web Development
- Internet Shopping Network, Palo Alto, CA. 9/94-5/95. 3D Artist, Web Production, Graphic Artist
- Quark, Inc., Denver, CO. 3/92-9/94. Technical Support for QuarkXPress and Quark Publishing System. In charge of localization of QPS into 10 languages
- Thompson Valley High School, Loveland, CO. 8/86-5/91. Teacher: Physics, Astronomy/Meteorology
- Sterling High School, Sterling, CO. 8/81-5/86. Teacher: Physics, Aerospace Science, Physical Science
- Byron High School, Byron, MI. 9/79-5/81. Teacher: Physics, Chemistry, Physical Science
- Livonia (Michigan) Public Schools. 2/79-5/79. Substitute Teacher
- Broadmeadows Technical School, Broadmeadows, Victoria, Australia. 5/76-5/78. Teacher: Physics, General science. Mathematics
- Ann Arbor (Michigan) Public Schools.. 1/76-5/76. Substitute Teacher
- Other employment: Computer consultant and graphic designer, tour guide, construction worker, camera salesman, post office clerk, and cook.
Interests & Hobbies
- Metal, glass, mechanical and light sculpture
- Becoming one with my Mac.
- Travel: I have been to all 50 states, Canada and Mexico. While in Australia, I traveled extensively through that country and New Zealand. When I left at the end of my contract, I traveled overland through SE Asia, Asia, and Europe for six months. At present count, I've been to 24 countries.